Application for Students in Indonesia
Application deadline: February 28, 2014
The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program in Indonesia is a unique program that provides financial support and skills development opportunities for accomplished first-year undergraduate students from recognized institutions who are pursuing specific degrees listed below.
- A scholarship of $1,200 (USD) for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years of your undergraduate program
- An opportunity to be mentored by a GE business leader
- Participation in GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders activities, including a specially designed leadership development seminar
- Participation in community development projects
Who Can Apply?
Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for the award.
Students must be attending the following institutions to be eligible to apply:
Only students in the following fields of study are eligible to apply:
- Economics (Accounting, Development Studies, Management)
- Math and Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Physical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering)
Further Requirements Include:
- GPA of at least 3.0 (0–4 scale) for semester 1 and 2
- Involvement in social and student activities
- Good command of English
- Demonstration of financial need
How to Apply?
If you satisfy all eligibility criteria outlined above, click on the link at the bottom of the page and complete the online application. The application form including essay must be submitted online by 11:59pm EST on February 28, 2014 to:
*IIEF – Indonesian International Education Foundation *
Menara Imperium Lt. 28 Suite B
Jl. HR Rasuna Said
(Please write GEFSLP 2013/2014 on the right upper corner of the envelope)
Supporting Documentation – In addition to your application form, we must receive two letters of recommendation (submitted electronically in the online system), from an Academic Supervisor and other Faculty Member, preferably from your English teacher at the university. The following additional documentation is also required:
- Completed and signed GEFSLP application form
- One (1) color photograph 4×6 cm – affix it in the provided box
- One (1) copy of valid Identification Card (KTP)
- An official letter of enrollment from university
- One (1) certified copy (legalisir) of your university transcript records from semester 1 to 3
- One (1) copy of high school diploma (Ijazah SMU)
- One (1) copy of high school transcript record (STTB)
- One (1) copy of high school transcript record – national standard (NEM)
- One (1) letter of salary amount information of your parents for the last month (slip gaji)
- One (1) copy of family card (KK-Kartu Keluarga)
- Original letter of notification from campus or institution that you are involved in sosial and student activities (surat keterangan aktif di organisasi kemahasiswaan atau sosial lainnya yang asli dicap dan ditandatangan oleh kampus atau institusi)
If you are selected you must submit English translations for any documents not in English.
Incomplete application material or application materials received after February 28, 2014 will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned to applicants.
What is the Selection Procedure?
A selection committee will evaluate all applications. Each applicant’s motivation and academic potential will be assessed. You will be informed in June 2014 about the success of your application. Selection decisions are final. There is no appeal process.
Whom Can I Contact for More Information?
For more information please contact IIEF at the address given or you may contact us through the telephone no. +6221 – 8317330 ext. 107/115 (office hours) or email at email@example.com
Applications will be available beginning November 1, 2013
Complete the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Application Here:
For further information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page for Indonesia.